Ever sat somewhere and just wondered what to write?
Yeah that's where I am right now.
so eventually I'll have things to write about.
I'm wearing socks,
one yellow
and one colorful stripes
(I never match my socks)
why?
you ask...
well why not?
It puts more variety to my outfit
and more hop to my step
(or run, whichever i prefer doing at the moment)
Kind of like that phrase...
lets take it and run with it?
are we really going to run
or are you just saying that
because it sounds like we're in shape or something?
So what I'm getting at is
when I have nothing that's pulling at my brain,
making those tiny electrons go crazy, -
I observe what's going on around me.
Like my socks...
or the fact that when i drove home from school last night there were like 30 kids in a burger king parking lot...
almost every single one of them standing in one truck bed....
sounds like a party.
I observe with my ears too.
Listening to songs,
I heard one that told me the second hands are stealing from me.
I believe it.
Stealing time...
precious time that can never be taken back.
Those dirty second hands.
That time is fleeting faster and faster
and the harder I try to hold on to it....
the easier it is for those hands to snatch it from me.
Post-it note quote
"Bad news never had good timing"
No matter how hard I try
to think of things like socks and kids in trucks,
everything goes back to that one topic,
that topic happens to be a person.
(who may or may not be reading these scrambled pixels on his computer screen right now)
I can't shake those second hands....
slowly stealing away the small amount of time I have left.
There go all those electric pulses in my brain, firing away.
Thinking too much again.
That's enough of that.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our troubles,
so that we can comfort those in any trouble
with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives,
so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation;
if we are comforted, it is for your comfort,
which produces in you patient endurance of the same suffering we suffer.
And our hope for you is firm,
because we know that just as you share in our sufferings,
so also you share in our comfort."
2 Corinthians 1:3-7

No comments:
Post a Comment