Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Time Out of Mind

It's been a while.

_____   \*/   _____   <*>   _____   \*/   _____

So I flew the other day. Literally
Like.... in the air with nothing holding me up.
Except.... I was in  a huge chunk of metal. 
Have you ever wondered.. 
actually (I wrote a little bit [more like a lot a bit] on the plane so I'll just tell you what I wrote.


As I fly, I think of so many many things like "Do birds fly up this high" and clouds are so amazing, they look so fluffy and comfy. yet you also get the light wispy (so I thought this word would have an 'h' in it... that was a fail on my part) ones that are just as cool but in their own way. Then i look down and see all of the awesome patterns that the farms and rivers create. Farmers really don't know what great artists they are with the patterns and colors the ground makes when they get ready to plant their crops. I think that's the Delaware?  It's dirtier looking than I thought it would be. Pretty wide though. I tried tracing it to the outline of Jersey but then I don't know if I could see it all, or even if that really was the Delaware. They should have labels on things when you're up this high [you know like google maps or something] that just made me think, I wonder what it would be like to fly on a plane high. could be the worst experience ever or the best. or somewhere in the middle, I'll never know.... or will I? The clouds look like mountains floating and then panning out to softer wispy (there's that word again) ones for a nice flat snowy plain look or foggy, i mean thats what fog is, clouds right? condensation floating in the air. The other thing that got me a little worried before (well i don't think i've even been super worried about a flight this wasn't a SW [super worry] moment anyway) But. this is basically just one huge chunk of heavy metal zooming around in the open sky (hopefully we don't zoom into another zoomer) but how crazy that we can do that and not plummet the whopping  37,000 feet that we're at right now, if I heard him correctly.
This is what the ground looks like:


reminds me of a pirate ship. 
At first I saw a smiley face
But then the clouds moved out of the way.

I think because I haven't written in a long while my brain is over flowing and pouring stuff out
 like a pitcher of fresh squeezed lemonade on a hot summer day. 
It's going to be so hot down there. I'm wearing a sweatshirt right now. 
What am I doing?

Now I see an elephant kissing a dinosaurs butt... (brown noser
I never really knew what that meant until someone was like yea he's got his head up fankie's butt

It's such a null sound.
The engines roaring through the blue sky. 
why doesn't it look like we're in a bunch of blue particles right now? 
it looks just like the air on the ground you know

[SIDE NOTE: my stomach hurts at the moment because I want food, 
yet I don't want to pay a bajillion 
{is that how you spell that} 
dollars for one half of a sandwich]

Back to my "you know" moment 
When we're on the ground looking up (well at least when I am) I'm making shapes out of the clouds, but when I'm in the clouds [aren't i always anyway] I find shapes made out of the ground. They are so totally different yet similar at the same time. Fluffy round clouds, hard edged ground, all a part of God's awesome creation. I should really try to share the gospel with the man sitting next to me, how though? How to spark up a conversation without offending him, I mean I'm sure I won't. He's super nice. Use to live in Jersey actually. His name is Jim, at least that's what he told me, I believe him. He seems like a thrill seeker. Just told me he's gone sky diving before (I want to go) I like meeting new people, getting to know their story and finding out new things. Everybody knows something different, I mean a lot of somethings but no one knows the exact same things as someone else, which is cool because then we can tell each other. 

                                                            "Through him all things were made; 
                          without him nothing was made that has been made. 
                         In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 
                                                  The light shines in the darkness, 
                              but the darkness has not understood it."
                                                                              John 1:3-5


I wonder what state we're over now, again they need floating signs or something. They probably wouldn't stay put though.

Mountains don't look so high up here... goodness my brain is all over the place thinking away tink tink tink.
I ate peanut butter with a tinkerbell spoon last night. yummy yummy in my tummy. Peanut butter is just so good and good for ya too.

Oh clouds. they are awe, some I guess when you fly there isn't much else to do but think
like how I miss people. 
a month is kind of a long time, 
and now that there is someone I want to be home with it makes it difficult.
It's not like i don't want to go
[ I so can't wait to see everyone ] 
but i don't want to go, you know? 



I've rambled too much i think (there I go thinking again) 
oh clouds oh texas oh flying oh feet (colorful feet) 

"Fly away on a metal carpet ride."




No comments:

Post a Comment